How to care for leather products
To maximize the age and the aesthetic looks of your leather goods, please make sure to read and follow the below guidelines.
Using & Storage
- Try to use the leather good as usual as possible. Leather won’t be too good if stay on a shelf for too long. Leather needs to breath and get in contact with natural humidity, and body oil (sweat) to stay moisturized. Using it 2-3 times per week should be enough.
- Once per week: Clean the leather surface to remove dust and debris, using soft cloth.
- Once every 6 months: Deep clean and condition to restore moisture and aesthetic looks.
Note: When applying detergents/agents on the surface, test it with a small corner of the item first to make sure the leather will not be damaged.
- Put heavy stuff on top of your leather items.
- Apply axeton, alcohol and other strong agent directly to the leather surface. It will cause permanent discoloration and damage to the surface.
- Rub aggressively on the surface. It may results deep scratch, discoloration and damage to the surface.
- Quick dry using hot drier. Cool air is fine.
- Store in cool and dry places.
- Keep away from direct heat source and high temperature areas. The ideal temperature is 15 – 20 degree Celcius (60 – 70 degree Farenheit)
- Keep away from too low or too high humidity areas. The idea humidity is 30 – 60%.
Note: The below fixes do NOT guarantee 100% to solve the issues. It will depends on the type of leathers and the specific situation of the item.
|Mold||Most of the mold will be gone with warm water.
If the mold is rooted too deep inside the leather, use deep cleaning and condition cream (like MDO by Saphir) to deep clean it.
If you are facing issues that are not listed above, feel free to drop us a message. It won’t cost any thing, but it may save you hundreds of dollars.
- Hotline/WhatsApp: +84 98 666 7056
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/heritela
Thanks a lot!